Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Meaning of Popularity

For those of you out there, there are two meanings of popularity that people often get confused with. The first one is the most one people think of, it is.......Being a "prep" and thinking your better than everyone else, you get watever you want, andyou THINK people think your some kindove godess. The other meaning that not many people think about is popularity means wanting to be well liked, wanting to be everyones friend, and wanting to be well thought of. I want to be the second kind of popular. Its something i strive for in life. It helps me be the best person i can be.

Now, im not going to lie. My first few years at middle school I was not any of those things. No one knew who i was, no one really liked me, and i wasnt really idk with it. My last year at middle school i stirved to be the best i could be and to make as many people as possible to like me. And i succeded. Now granted, not everyone can like you, but for the majority im pretty well liked. The reason i wanted to write this post was to prove that wanting to be the second kind of popular isnt a bad thing.

Now, like i said before, not everyone is alwayz going to like you. And i know two that dont. But thats okay. I hope they seee this and stop and think, and realize everything they have said, the things they have done, the people they have hurt, and how to make a real, sincere, loving apology. And if they do that i hope they realize that they have to respect the decisions that are made and the consequences.

Me holly, and allie know you guys arnt sorry and our revenge on you, ignoring you. And so far its working.

~Gracie

4 comments:

Kristen said...

ahh gracie.
lovely entry,
i'm glad you finally updated!
and nice poll (:
i just ADORE IT.
but fine, don't believe we are sorry.
and keep on ignoring us,
but if you're ignoring amanda,
why did you constanly text her yesterday?
hmmm, doesn't sound like you were ignoring her.

<3 always kristenn

Ashton said...

Gracie,
I have had the same on going problem for forever- And ignoring people is the best way to do it-

I totally agree with you on wanting to be the 2nd kind of popular that is what we all need to strive for!

Glad you updated!! Now all we need are some pix!! :o]

Courtney said...

Gracie, you need to post LOL.

Courtney said...

Ok...yeah. I'm still serious....you do need to post. I've been trying and trying to find your blog cause I forgot the address. LOL. I finally found it by going through my old post. LOL. Well, what's up? Also, check out my blog.
Love ya,
Courtney.


Free cursors for MySpace at www.totallyfreecursors.com!